Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Along with the pics of DH & I on our 5th wedding anniversary, I found these pics of Qiqi after we brought her home from the ER this week when I went to develop the Baby Shower pics.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I felt guilty because I had let the pups out and they ran down the street where the neighbors pit-mix was wandering loose. He got ahold of Qiqi. She was protecting her pups. The neighbor a few houses down heard his dog barking and noticed a commotion. He took his bee-bee gun and shot at the pit-mix, thinking he had a duck in his mouth. The pit-mix ran up the embankment with Qiqi in his jaws, and only let go once the second neighbor went over and kicked it. The pit0mix bit at the neighbors tennis shoe and ran when the other neighbor came running behind him with his gun.

These pics don't show behind her neck, which was also bitten pretty badly. It took her over 3 months to recuperate. She got to sleep in our bedroom in her own crate for a while. She cried at night and didn't like it at all. After a while, we let her sleep on the bed with us, and has been sleeping with us ever since.

I am soooo glad that she's a tough one. No other pup would have survived this vicious attack. Good thing was the vet said, was no puncture of the lungs, and he didn't do any nerve damage. Qiqi now runs and plays along with the others normally. The only reminder are scars, some of which have been covered by new growth of hair.

this pic was taken to give the neighbors a "thank you" from Qiqi for saving her life... she still had some pinkness over the area, and the hair hadn't quite grown back yet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home