Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

11 weeks already!

Holy Toledo Batman! We've made it to 11 weeks! Scary and exciting all at the same time. This exact time last year I lost my angel to Turner's Syndrome....Now, we're armed with IVF/ICSI/PGD, (the great wonder of modern medicine) having had every genetic, anatomic, hormonal test etc. known to man! I'm in better spirits than I expected....the doppler is easing my worries down to a normal concern for expectant mommies!

We paid over $13,500.00 --(counting just from July 3,2005)... I say it's mere pennies in the grand scheme of things. How can you put a price tag on family? happiness? your legacy? Two beautifully growing babies.....two happy parents-to-be! I thought, nope, these are priceless!

So here we are, approaching 11 weeks. Scary and exciting all at the same time...

Today we're running some errands, going over to the IL's (canceled the BBQ) and instead we've opted to go to Olive Garden's NEVER ENDING PASTA BOWL!

Later, we're going window shopping for our new family car! (ok not a car, but a Suburban) Yes, a suburban.... After learning that we were blessed with twins, I asked Hubby what would we do. Our original plan was the Mercedes M -class. An SUV of sorts, that we've had our eyes on since we got pregnant the first time.

The plan was to sell my car (Mercedes C class) and our old SUV (Isuzu Trooper) and replace them with the Mercedes ML.....I can't convince Hubby that I no longer need my convertible, so that stays, and does his....There's NO touching his Harley Fat Boy or his matching Harley truck.....those stay as well. What are we doing with so many??? Car insurance is overwhelming but oh well, what to do, what to do?

After our trip in the Trooper to San Antonio during the Hurricane Rita evacuation, we thought, oh heck no, there is no way that the ML will do what we want, especially if we're going to have an automatic full family of 4 by early next Spring, ur pets and occasion IL trips with us...so we thought about it, and decided that maybe a bigger SUV would be needed. I remembered seeing the newest RX edition of the Benz, so I went to look at them last week. Uh-no. Minivan in the making.. I am NOT doing a minivan. At least not yet. So we thought further. Deciding on a bigger SUV, Suburban, Navigator, Land Rover, Cadillac ESX...I think the Suburban has caught our attention the most.

So today, we're going to do the first of what I expect will be many shopping ventures for a new SUV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home