Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, October 03, 2005

On a brighter note!

10 weeks today!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This week, "The most critical part of your infant's development is complete. Now you are headed into a period of rapid growth. While a bit strange to envision, your baby's head is now about half its length - Soon the rest of the body's growth will catch up but this area is prepared to keep up with the rapid brain development!
Eyelids fuse shut and irises begin to develop - Eye color is also determined by this point. Placenta begins to function this week or next - The placenta is the organ responsible for both the provision of nutrients along with the removal of waste to keep your baby growing strong! Your baby will be about 1.22 inch long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week." Forgot to add that this quote is from pregnancy.org

Me:
Feeling skeptical, feeling weird. Got up at 3am and couldn't sleep. Got up about 4am. Stayed up til 5:30am. Went back to bed and up again at 6:30am. Feeling nauseous, dizzy, gassy, crampy, everything all rolled into one. Wept today, like a baby. Threw up twice....dizzy. Slept all afternoon.

Dad:
Asked me how I was, how the twins were as I got back into bed at 5:30am....he's always such a sweetie, even in the middle of the night....

Lots of prayers going out today. I need coffee, I need to eat.

c