Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Woke up a mother of two!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Baby1 -measuring 7w2d Heartbeating 150bpm!
Baby2 -measuring 6w6d Heartbeating 146bpm!

I was in such shock and awe yesterday....hubby took me to lunch & we celebrated the discovery that we're pregnant with twins... I ate and ate and ate....only to regret it vehemently last night. I had SUCH a tummy ache, it kept me up most of the night, nauseous, dizzy, feeling faint. It felt like someone was kneading on my tummy, it felt like it was in knots... So, I'm reverting to my other diet, soup n crackers! It's got me down to 126 but the doc said (after DH told on me) not to worry, that I have plenty of time to gain weight!

Feeling much better this morning. About to pull out the video of yesterdays ultrasound to see my little ones and their little hearts beating....

While we're extremely happy with the turn of events, I'm still in shock. So many questions, so little answers.

All of these questions/concerns are taking a back seat until very late in the game. Doc still warned that one or both could m/c--I refuse to believe it but he did say 10% chance for each baby. Also said one could survive, while the other didn't (vanishing twin) So, while these stats are looming over us, we'll continue to pray and hope for the best. We were blessed with just one...two would be twice as nice!

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home