Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Wasted dayz & wasted nightz

Ugh, was yesterday a total waste of a beautiful day in Austin or what??? Instead of leaving Wed night, the wise hubby decided he wanted to get up super early (well, at least HIS regular wake up time of 4am) and drive to Austin, check in early (which the hotel so generously allowed) and then get to his seminar etc etc.

Something about us both is that we love our home, enjoy it immensely, and feel as if it is our very own castle, where we go to rest, relax, be ourselves and enjoy the comforts of our own sofa, bed etc. He sold me on that idea. One more night in the comfort of our own home, one more night to spend with our troop, etc. For me, one more night of Qiqi crowding me in bed, one more night of hearing/feelinig her jump on & off the bed, nudging me to lift the covers for her, one more night of waking up to licking-kisses from Qiqi, whose breath reaks of her midnight snack on Mew-Mew's cat food. Yes, hubby sold me on staying in our own home just one more night. So, waking up at 4am was not something I looked forward to, but I settled with the idea that I'd get to the hotel room and get back in bed and catch up on my sleep.

What I didn't bargain for was feeling sooooo totally fatigued all day long that I was jittery with the shakes, fatigued, nauseated, irritable and that my WHOLE day would be spent trying to catch up on the sleep that I was deprived of by the early rise and drive to Austin.....

So, after giving the IL's instructions on opening/closing doors, the alarm, feeding the troop, locking/unlocking the wrought iron doors, walking the dogs, feeding the dogs and the cat, using the phones, coffeemaker, stove, etc. we finally took off at exactly 10 til 6am! And although his seminar started at 8;30am, Mr. punctuality didn't really care. we did finally make it in, he showered and I attempted in vain to get the laptop plugged and connected to the internet.....After about 2 hours I realized that I needed to call the front desk to get the wired for business 'connection' approved. Even then, it took me a while to get the right wires in the right place(s). By then it was almost lunchtime, so I showered, dressed and ventured out to see what "healthy" meal I could find.

What I also didn't expect was that my mind would be on a different playing field as my body. My body just would not, refused even, to cooperate. I ended up in the car shaking, jittering, feeling faint and just plain pooped. I shook so much, I tried to get out of the car, but just couldn't. So instead, I backed out of the parking spot and turned the air up as high as it would go, and drove. Luckily, I had a OmegaZone bar, smelted by the heat of the car as well as a car temp bottle of Propel with me. Much to my chagrin, I downed the bar and drank and drank and drank. After driving for a quick spell, I felt a bitt better, enough to run my errands and drive over to Lamar Blvd. to one of my old stomping shopping grounds at the Gap & the Bookstop. By that time though, hubby called, it was almost lunch-break time. I offered to pick up some Rotisserie Grill, he agreed. But did CC's mind cooperate wiith here intentions? Of course not.

I decided to venture off of Lamar Blvd, and ended up, someway, somehow, by the University of Texas, amongst the throng of Tea sipper students walking to and from classes. By then, hubby called again, it's lunchtime. and I was totally lost. I ended up on Guadalupe St. somehow, and stopped at a Chango something restaurant to pick up my craving for chips & salsa, then hopped over to the restaurant next door to pick up a gyro and a greek salad, something hubby always enjoys.

I finally made it over to the hotel, and up to othe roomo where dear hubby was waiting for his lunch. I, on the other hand, ended up hating everything about the poor excuse for the chips & salsa and ended up opting to take a much needed nap.

Before I knew it, it was past 5pm 7& hubby was back from classes. He & I both stayed in bed and it was 8pm before we decided to venture out to enjoy one of hubby's fav restaurants, Texas Land & Cattle.

While getting dressed for dinner though, I made the mistake of trying out a lotion that I had brought with me. This lotion had come with a great smelling spray from Victoria's Secret called Very Sexy for Her. I had received it as a gift from Antoinette for Christmas. The spray has been used up entirely by now so in my desire to smell that smell-good odor of VSfH, I decided to bring this lotion with me. I splatted some lotion on my hands and rubbed in it, nice coverage over my arms, elbows, hands. Moments later, I found myself washing my hands vigorously to get that smell off of me. I ended up so nauseated, I broke out in a sweat and began to be not-so-good-company on our walk out of the hotel to dinner. by the time I got in the car, I was dry-heaving so badly, hubby stopped the car, as I desperately opened my glove compartment for a napkin and the "car-tash bag" that I had stashed in the center caar console. hubby grabbed it from me, and opened it in time for me to hurl into it........but not before I drooled all over myself and my evening slacks...and not before opening the car door to drool out onto the parking garage floor.

The relief I felt afterwards though, was worth every moment of nausea I had had up til then. It was INSTANT relief. = Hurl. Relief. Just like that. So we ended up driving to dinner-I ended up ordering 2 appetizers while Hubby feasted on 10oz of Sirloin,. We decideed to cruise 6th street, past our favorite Driskill Hotel, then onto Congress up to the Capitol, onto 12th street back to the hotel. It was a nice/brief trip. Needless to say, despite the relief I felt, there was no romance to be had this night. It was staight to bed and lights out for me.

Yesterday ,I had No time for shopping, no time to explore Austin, the thing I enjoy most. Despite the offer/invitation to our nephew Daniel, a 4th year student @ UT, we didn't get to see him for dinner. We always enjoy seeing and visiting with him when we're in town. I didn't get a chance to run out to the Harley shop to get a surprise fo Hubby, no time to find an interesting shop to pick up a nice souveniir of this trip. No time to shop for a gift for Mr. Wonderful for our 7th anniversary. Yes, yesterday was a great tribute to freddy fender & his classic song 'wasted days and wasted nights,' so I have lots of catching up to do. And since it appears that this quick post turned into a mini novel, I've got to get to steppin'!

c

1 Comments:

Blogger Muttpuppy said...

oh man CC...You sound like you had one heck of a few days...IM really sorry...But am I wrong to say....IM JUST SO EXCITED THAT YOUR SICKNESS IS THE RESULT OF SOMETHING GOOD???? :) Im smiling at yah babe!!! There's always other times for trips to Austin..now you..you go back to taken good care of yourself, K?

Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home