Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Noodles

Lately, I've had noodles for brains...doing dumb things that I only do when pregnant (per my history of prior short pregnancies, that is)

To wit:
Left uncashed checks in my desk since ???--when asked yesterday by an employee about settlement checks for certain clients, I looked at her like SHE was dumb? What checks? When did you give them to me? Are you sure, I asked. Off she went to be sure....and came back...not just with the settlement checks, but MORE checks that I had stuffed in my desk and forgotten about....IN FRONT OF Hubby....oh boy, was I in trouble.

Tuesdays, I call in payroll. Today is Wednesday, no payroll yet....hmmm. Gotta run to the ofc 1st thing and do that....Yikes!

Overdrafted last week on my checking account! Hence, a big $60 hickey from the bank-(two $30 hits) ...not an enjoyable hickey if you kwim..... Err ummm, glad I don't share accounts with the Hubby....

Had to "borrow" $100 to pay the maid yesterday....b/c er um, I overdrafted last week and haven't gotten paid yet....I had to explain that I paid ALL the bills and had no $$ left....Hubby understood...of course, this, after I confiscated his "rat hole" money to buy Dad his birthday gift this weekend....he started to question my accounting skills....then yesterday happened at work...no question anymore, my accounting work is going to be monitored. He's already resorted to his "CC!" voice, shock and awe in his voice....

This past Saturday when I went in to work, I got home, wondering where my Propel fitness water was...well yesterday when I got to work, I found it on my 2nd desk...along with a comment from an employee that I had left the PC on...seems I just walked out Saturday...just walked out like there was a firedrill or something, and never came back.....oooh boy. Did I lock the door? Can't remember.

That's not all, but all I have time for this morning, as I have to rush to work to call in payroll....oh and make sure the transfer to payroll acct is done since I normally do that on Thursdays but won't be in (we're leaving for Austin tonight) which means I have loads of house things to do before we leave. IL's will be here to care for the troop (oh boy).....yikes! I feel I've forgotten to do something and I can't figure out what it is....

BB Friday night or Saturday morning...Staying at the Marriott @ the Capitol (where the Seminar is being held) Else, we'd stay at our FAVORITE hotel in the big state of Texas! The Driskill.....oh my....memories memories!

OMG! I almost forgot! Hubby agreed to go the Real Estate route with me! I'd wanted to enroll/register for my first class this past July but IVF etc. came up...well we talked yesterday and he's up for it. Wants me to get my license and he'll support me all the way through it! I can't wait now! I have all of my paperwork, just need to complete it all and send it off, and pull out my Catalog and look up the next round of classes and when they start etc! All this came about since our neighbors house went up for auction yesterday --everyone and their ex's (literally) are bidding on it. Its the worst disaster of a house I've ever seen, but its the property value everyone's buying....so we got on the topic and he mentioned my previous interest in getting my license! And said, let's go for it! Of course, with the idea that "someday" I'll have my own office & be the broker instead of the agent! Thats such a long way away, but as we discussed, the best "retirement" job one can think of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home