Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The babies were nuzzling today, it was sooo adorable, soo close together, soo soon. 'course no blog entry would be complete without a pic of my two children....Baby 1. Baby 2. then both of their heads, teaming up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was absolutely wonderful to see them again!
Had a great visit with my new OB. He's fantastic, warm and inviting. Did an u/s even though I wasn't scheduled for one ;) Said I'll get an u/s at every visit from now on since I told him I was spoiled with Dr. G and got one at every visit! No video updates since his machine didn't do video, but I hope his new machine @ the new building does!
I asked lots of questions and he answered lots of questions, just an all around great doc. Said I could call with any little question or concern, even if I think it's not OB related!
Did lots of bloodwork, took 6 vials (I nearly fainted, told the phlebotomist to save some for Dracula!)
Said he usually delivers 80% of his patients babies, and that typically he sets a target date for twin deliveries 3 weeks prior to the EDD. (yay! April babies! Target date is now April 10th!)
I suppose the worse news I got today was that he'll want me to start bedrest at about 26 weeks....we're talking the end of January! yikes! Thank God we're self-employed! We're going to discuss it more in depth as we progress though, but that is a precautionary measure he takes with twin pregnancies....to avoid complications, pre-term delivery etc. I understand him totally.
Weird thing, he said he's heard of my hubby! (as awesome a trial attorney as he is...I wouldn't doubt it)!
Next visit is in 4 weeks (four longggg weeeekks) and at that visit we'll get the "big" u/s! Nov 22nd, I'll be 17 weeks 1 day!
So, in sum, I was completely satisfied with my new doc. They'll be in the new building by my next apppointment and that'll be an exciting adventure all its own.
Now I'm tired, 2 hour appt. had me wanting to take a cat nap. So, ta ta for now, mommy-to-be needs a nap!

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home