Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Giving thanks and praise to Him

I never thought I'd ever reach this stage in my pregnancy, honestly. Deep deep down, I braced myself for the unexpected. But as I awake this morning, here I am, 13 weeks, 1st day of my 2nd trimester (depending on what source you rely on, some say 12, others say 13 and even some say 14) I'm relying on 13, as I don't expect to go 40 weeks anyway.

13 weeks! WOW. 130 lbs. Net gain of 2 lbs.

Babies this week:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Babies are about the size of a Jumbo Shrimp!
Your infant is about 2.19 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm) - This is about the same weight as 4 quarters. If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements. Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest. Her hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with her fist. At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta. On your next doctor visit you should be able to hear heartbeat with a Doppler by now - (Don't worry though if you can't, the heartbeat can be confirmed through U/S). Your baby's heartbeat is much rapider than your own and may remind you of the race towards birth that he is running!
(from Pregnancy.org)
Mommy-to-be:
By now your uterus is about the size of a large grapefruit. If your due date has not already been predicted, an ultrasound measurement of your baby's head can be used to make one.
Your pre-pregnancy clothes are probably too tight by now. If you haven't already got some maternity clothes, now is probably the time to get some. You'll be most comfortable in loose-fitting clothes. Make sure you really like your maternity clothes- you'll be wearing them a lot. Friends, family and thrift shops can be a great source of maternity clothes.
You may feel less exhausted than you did earlier in your pregnancy. Some women even start to experience a rejuvenating surge of energy at around this time. Many women report that the second trimester is the best time of pregnancy as the morning sickness of the first trimester has usually past, and the discomforts and weariness of the third trimester have yet to begin. If you would like to take a last holiday before your baby arrives, the second trimester, with your doctor's approval, is probably the best time to do so. This could be a good opportunity for you and your partner to connect and share some couple-time before the baby arrives.
(taken from FF)

Daddy: Nesting nesting nesting! Carpet is next on the list, master, nursery, V's bedroom and the study. Daddy-to-be took me shopping yesterday, as promised! We saw the Valco twin stroller (It is HUGE!) At $549.00 it is well worth the price. The only hold back is that the sales guy couldn't show me how to close it up, he folded it once, but it was still HUGE, I can't even imagine lifting that monstrosity! Next we visited Pottery Barn for Kids....not too impressed with the crib selection, but they have nice room accents.

Our plans are, after carpet installation, to re-do the kitchen countertops and get new sinks---(main & bar) which I'll need desperately with the tweenkies! My hot water in-sink-erator broke about 2 years ago, can't wait for a new one! 200 degree hot water in an instant is an absolute necessity!

For today, I'm enjoying the 1st day of my 2nd trimester! A day to rejoice and give thanks and praise...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home