Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

Happy, we'll start with that one. I am. Hasn't come easily though. I had two chances last year to become a mother, more than any other in my entire life. Instead, I became a high risk patient with infertility due to chromosomal disorders of unknown origin. Yeah, not easy. But I've managed to stay happy. My marriage is intact and I mean superglue material here. My husband just passed the Board certification and he now has the equivalent of an Oscar award to an actor. The penultimate of his career, how can I be anything else but happy? I asked. I'll answer. I can't "not be happy" and Im very happy about that! Several years ago before I had thoughts of TTC (well they were there just buried nice and neatly away) I was terribly innocent. Now, I am a seasoned veteran and this war is hell. New. Will I have a chance this year at TTC again? A new year filled with hope. Year. Wow, 365 whole days to TTC. I have plenty of time, despite this terribly loud ticking sound in my ear, tick tock tick tock. My thought are erratic fully depicted in my terrible prose. Sorry I am no Shakespeare and I paint not like Picasso. Although I am an artist and I am working on a masterpiece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home