Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Insult to injury

Adding insult to injury today we got a call from our CPA. Our 2004 taxes are done and ready for pick up (we requested an extension) So, I was excited, yay! Maybe we'll get a nice refund that we could use toward IVF....NO. We owe over $8k; that's right, as if Uncle Sam doesn't already take what he can from the business, he pilked our personal return too.....

IVF seems to be floating further and further away....

Before I found out that we owed the IRS, I went to pick up my IVF packet from the doc's office. It didn't have much I already didn't know about. What I really wanted was a sample protocol/schedule and costs...got big fat zero of that.

On a brighter note, received a really nice visit today from a long time client. He said he had something for me, and gave me a small wrapped gift. I opened it. He said he knows that I want something and inside the gift is all I need to achieve that. We didn't go into specifics but I know he was talking about a family. Not just a baby, a family. I welled up in tears. I don't know him well enough for him to have done this on his own. He talked to me about stress and the need to relax. I must show it on my face...I feel/walk/talk like a zombie nowawdays....I am so thankful he came by and brought not just this gift, but a gift of hope. He gave me a big hug and I went back into the office. I truly believe that his visit/message is a sign from above to not lose hope. How could he possibly have known what I am going through? Inside my little wrapped surprise was a small box and inside a beautiful red rosary. It was been blessed by our late Pope John Paul II. (rest in peace) He got it while in Rome last year....There are no words to explain this visit today other than simply divine.....

On yesterday's bleak note. The NEWS was wrong about some details. Apparently it was the baby who was thrown from the car, and died. He wasn't 6 weeks old, he was 2 years old. Jacob was formally charged today with felony murder *of his own son* Not that any details really matter, what's real is that one beautiful soul is gone and anothers will be wasted away in prison....Still sending wishes to his family, both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home