Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas is almost here....

Christmas is just around the corner. I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday season---or politically incorrectly "Merry Christmas!" I grew up with Christmas as the warm wishes we all shared...hate to see that go out the window but we must accomodate everyone and their appropriate Holiday, whether Kwanza, Hannukah (sp?) etc....

And while some are still on their quest, I must share that although we're closer to our goal of becoming parents, we're still not there just yet. I can only encourage you all to stay the course, stick with your plan, never abandon your dreams. It seemed like I would do just that many times....and in the end I resolved to plow forward.

The mind is a powerful tool...use it.
Meditation is a method, a means by which you can use your mind to your advantage...Feel your goal. Smell it. Touch it. Reach out and hold it. It will be yours.

May God Bless you all this Holiday season. Stay safe friends.

C

Babies this week:
Babies move around a lot at this time, and they are not settled head down (the usual position for birth) for some time yet. Large meals may make you feel uncomfortable. This might carry on for the rest of your pregnancy. Aim to eat smaller meals more often! You may find your breathing is affected a little by your growing uterus - extra effort may leave you slightly breathless. This is because your uterus is pushing against your diaphragm, leaving less space for your lungs. Your baby's blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture the baby. The placenta is now almost equal in size to the baby. {I.am.pregnant.com}

My belly!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My shiner! No not a black eye! LOL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Daddy & I went and registered this weekend at Target. Short and painless. It was weird....seeing all the things that one day may end up in our home. Baby stuff. Being together 13 years and married over 7, we have never had "baby" stuff in our home. The closest we've gotten is pet stuff, newborn puppy stuff and then the small tokens (stuffed animals) that we purchased right after our 1st pregnancy.... Other than that, this is definitely a DINK home. Double Income No Kids...all adult stuff....that will soon change I hope.... then we'll have a "Married with Children" home...ok so that is way not cool. that makes Hubby Al Bundy and me, PEG!!!!

CC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home