Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Under construction!

Getting ready for baby! Our home has been under construction! It still needs lots of love but we've got the groundwork down for the babies to join us!

BEFORE:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
AFTER:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

WHAT a difference carpet makes! Still need an office chair and mat for the office. Also I'm expecting to file/organize the mess behind the closet door! Eventually I'll be sharing this office with the little ones, placing a table, chairs and bookshelves for them and their books! Oh and the pencil drawing in the back is Yours Truly in Paris circa March 1999....I personally don't feel it captures my essence but Hubby and the Artist feel that that's how they see me....I have NO cleft chin!

No before pics for the next few rooms. I am BEGGING Hubby to let me paint the 70's wood panelling walls! He's bucking it BUT I'm planning on getting someone to tell him that the walls are veneer and not REAL wood! He wouldn't mind painting veneer!

Future nursery! Needs everything...painting, curtains, furniture etc....and last but not least of all, the twins!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Victoria's bedroom. Needs curtains and probably could use a new comforter set....still organizing this room but it's probably reached its final stage at least for a while!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Formal living/Dining...ahh the formal living. Empty since we gave the formal furniture to my MIL....we expect to get formal living furniture & a baby Grand piano then the 2 art pieces will go up-La Pistolera and Pistola & Corazon...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Master bedroom--missing many decorations & seating area....of course next to my side of the bed (left) I'll have a cradle and/or bassinet for the twins for use while they are still newborns...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So there it is, new carpet & the beginnings of furniture rearranging etc. Finally got everything out of the DEN! Boxes were everywhere. They are now in the utility room waiting to be taken to the garage. Kitchen/Den still need missing pieces of furniture here & there. Major work still to be done are master bath & granite countertops for the kitchen......

More to come on our journey to ready the house for the little ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home