Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, December 05, 2005

19 weeks!

I've made it past the hump! I'm now on the down slope to motherhood. Approximately 18 weeks to go, though I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be delivering somewhere around 35-36 weeks! so about 16 to 17 weeks remaining!

Pics of me @ 19 weeks. Hubby loves taking the pics, but doesn't pay attention to where he's aiming & it didn't help that I was blinking!! LOL!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our babies:
Your baby weighs about 9 ounces (260g) and measures about 5.6 to 6.4 inches (14 to 16cm) from crown to rump.
Her skin is thickening and developing multiple layers- the epidermis and the dermis, the deeper layer where it will form fat. Your baby is now also developing a waxy protective coating for her skin called vernix caseosa. The vernix protects your baby's skin which is continuously submersed in amniotic fluid. Vernix, which is particularly thick around the eyebrows is held in place by tiny downy hairs called lanugo.
Your baby can now grip with her fists. Toenails and scalp hair are growing.
At this point, it may be possible to determine the baby's sex by ultrasound, if the baby cooperates, but the ultrasound technician will rarely guarantee the sex based on the ultrasound results as mistakes are sometimes made at an early ultrasound.

You can hear the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler ultrasound device or a stethoscope.

We've been listening to heart beats since about 9 weeks preggers! LOL! Tomorrow is THE big day, finding out whether we have 2 boys or a boy & a girl....da da dum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home