Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Final Countdown...final plans...

This weekend it looks like we'll be going out to buy the changing pad, rear facing mirror, wall pics, lamps, diaper bag, baby book, a ceiling fan and other incidentals. Finalizing the nursery will be a good thing. It's been a wonder~filled project for both of us.....I still need to buy the material for the tie-backs for the drapes too...

Eloy wants real cigars for the hospital so we'll probably be venturing over to a friends Cigar shop for those. I plan on making lollipop favors to hand out at the hospital, will get the lollipops this weekend and the labels & ribbon. Should be a fun project for Mom & I next week. Ordering the personalized Hershey wrappers & Birth Announcements once the boys are born....

We're getting close to selling my car and the Trooper. We really need to, at this point, 2 SUV's, a truck, a sedan, 2 convertibles and a motorcycle are WAY to much for us..I think we should sell my convertible too & use the money for remodeling. Hubby thinks I still "need" it...yeah, right. You can see me now, pimping my convertible w/car seats in the back!

I'm getting pretty desperate here toward the end. Lots of insomnia, itching, coughing etc. I know its to be expected. I know I should be thankful and I am. It doesn't mean I have to keep my mouth shut about how miserable this can be at times. It's my journal, my log, I must memorialize the good, the bad and the ugly.

OB visit yesterday showed me as having lost 7 lbs. Substitute OB said I need to increase my caloric intake which I've started doing. Still taking prednisone and should be off of it by next Wed. Still giving myself the Insulin shots twice a day before breakfast and before dinner. Still poking my fingers 5 times a day to check glucose levels. Alls well on the gestational diabetes front.

Next week I have three (3) appt.'s on Thursday~~ Dr. Shiver @ 10am -Endocrinologist for diabetes; Imaging for the boys' biophysical profiles (BPP) at 12:45pm then an OB appt. with Dr. Jacobs right after the BPPs.


This is my journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home