Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

I have an idea

I have an idea how this process will play out. Having had no formal instructions from my Doc, I decided to research this monster on my own. Tentatively, I have my 1st IVF consult for Tuesday, July 12th. DH has b/w and a strict morph S/A scheduled for earlier that morning.

For now, I have started bcp. Began those on July 6th. TG, my IVF coordinator, has indicated that my official IVF protocol is pending results from the cystic fibrosis test. I understand that completely. So while I wait, I've decided to give myself a mental picture of this journey. I started by taking a pic of the road I'll take everyday from now to motherhood. This pic was taken on July 6th, the day I went in for b/w, and the day bcp started. Home is on the left, right behind those gorgeous tall trees encircled in groundcover...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Second pic of my Doc's office *officially, they haven't moved in. This is their new building, currently still under construction. My Doc should be moving in early October. But for all intents and purposes, this is my mental pic as it is the first building I see coming down Fannin St.*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From what I've researched, the following should be a rough estimate of my IVF protocol. No details on medication type, dosage, b/w, scans etc. of course. Just a rough timeline, to wit:

bcp (21 days) ----------------------->> July 27th
Lupron (12-15 days) ----------------------->> August 11th
Baseline U/S ----------------------->> August 11th-August 12th
Stimulation ----------------------->> August 23rd
Trigger (hcg) ----------------------->>August 23rd
Egg retrieval (ER) ----------------------->> 36 hours after trigger, latest August 25th
Egg transfer (ET) ----------------------->> 3-5 days after ER, latest August 30th
Pregnancy test ----------------------->> 14 days after ER, latest September 8th

WOW, I hadn't done the math yet, looks like I have a LONG time before I get to gettin'! Looks liek based on this, my EDD would be around May 16th, 2006! Wow, by then, I'll be 37 and DH will be 46.....this is a great schedule, me likes, I'll take 2!

Now to rest, on this rainy, cozy comfy Saturday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home