Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The countdown is on...

I've been a thinktank all weekend and this week but have been content letting things play out in my head. For some reason, although I feel blogging is somewhat cathartic, I've loved monologueing in my head much more than I do writing/typing it all out. I've been playing it pretty cool lately, successful in several things I wanted to accomplish, a complete disaster in others. I have not temped this cycle, YAY me! Success Number 1. I have not tested (have not even ventured out to buy tests) YAY Woo Hoo, good CC, good girl..success number 2. BUT, lordy lordy, looks who's gordy. I have gained so much weight I have had someone "comment" about it!~NOT fun, Boo Hiss, Failure #1! I've had a fixation on ice cream lately, and I'm embarrased to say that I currenly have 3, three, tres, trois,tubs of ice cream in my freezer, vanilla, banana pudding and chery vanilla. Oh, and let me not forget the frozen Hersey's kisses or chocolate fudgecicles! UGH! Obsessed with everything icy, cold and sweet! Last night, in an attempt to avoid ice cream, I pulled out my grapes, washed them, sorted out the good ones and starting munching...talk about sour grapges! Ugh! pun intended~ I had to throw them out, I'm not sure if they were sour in reality or a figment of my imagination, but I tried to eat them but just couldn't. I settled on cinnamon sticks and a Perrier, and called it a night.

I preceded last night's attempt at "healthy eating" yesterday at lunch too. I had been asking Eloy to take me to Bonnie's Seafood & Steaks for a VERY long time. Well yesterday, as he & I went through our, "where do you want to go eat" "I don't know" "you decide" ritual, he settled it all by saying "let's go to Bonnies so I can get that off my back once & for all" :) YAY I thought! All the soup & salad I could ask for, plus! So off we went to Bonnies.... Like a good girl, I ordered the Trio (soup, salad & baked potato) Although the grilled shrimp platters called out to me in thunder loud voices, I avoided my usual and strayed for the healthier alternative. One soup later I was dreading it...french onion soup was less than ok. I quickly finished my bowl and didn't bother with going for seconds. The salad bar that I used to love so much was less than what I remembered it was....I quickly finished my salad and waited for more...Finally, out came by baker and much to my chagrin, had a mountain of butter on it!! Uh, could I have some potato with my butter please? I spooned out as much butter as I could and gobbled the potato up, having been left wanting in the soup and salad department.

Today was a busy day. I was up early, got out of the house and to the ofc by 9am; Had 2 appeals to do, and contracts for 3 news clients. I managed to get the contracts out and one of the two appeals. I'm sure I can finish the second appeal tomorrow if I put my mind to it. I came home at noon to pay the cleaning lady and decided to make lunch while I was home. I tried out my new George Foreman Grilleration for the second time, still as nice as the first time. Nice to pop the grill plates out and wash them without having to tug the whole thing to the sink. The sponge/wipe thing never worked for me, so I usually dipped my grill in the sink with running water. Today I made steaks, corn, white rice and spinach. We had some left over Gut busters from Sundays' BBQ. For dessert, we had sliced peaches. It was nice to come home to a clean house and make a nice relaxing lunch. In light of yesterdays butter bash, today's lunch was a nice alternative.

So, having a good time waiting until Saturday's test date~the countdown is on.... Plans are to test early Saturday morning. Still wondering if I should start temping just to find out where I am on the chart, at least give me an idea? Much to my chagrin, I know that if I get a bfn, I'll have to turn to IVF as my final option. Although the doc said injectibles would give us marginally better results than IUI, Eloy wants to go for the gusto. I agree. Although it will be emotional, I know that it probably is the best route for us to go. IVF...whodathunkit.

Looked at buying new carpet Sunday. Plan on going to a few more places before I make my final decisions. QWe have 1300 square feet of carpet that we need, to cover the 4 bedrooms. (3 bedrooms and converted bedroom to study) I want a nice berber, probably nylon since wool will give me nice shocks every time I touch something. I really can't wait, our carpet it a mess. It's been through raising 5 dogs, training, whelping you name it. Tango doesn't help the situation, she sheds more than the pups put together.

Tonight we watched the President's speech on the war in Iraq. Turns out, the guy isn't so bad after all. I get great opportunities to laugh my butt off at some of his gaffs, but all in all, he's cool. This coming from a Republican in Democrats clothing...

tata for now, posting more pics of my cuties as babies~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home