Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day~!

Gotta wish all Father's a Happy Day today. What a wonderful idea, to set apart one day to appreciate & celebrate the Father's across the country! Dad is 75 this year, will be 76 on September 3rd. We went out & got him some clothes & shoes, the usual for me. Bought FIL a BBQ pit & some bermuda shorts. We're taking the IL's to lunch and we'll be going over to Mom&Dad's about 2pm or so.

Wanted to update the details on yesterday's IUI. Had my scan, showed both follies on the right had ovulated. Left was still there, doc said possibly could join the game (& this morning I'm cramping on the left, so I think it's happening). Lining was 10mm. SA was 122 million/15 million post wash~I think we need higher numbers but doc added caffeine (Platelet activating factor~PAF) to the mix, making those 15 million extra speedy. Had the IUI about 10:30am or so.

Doc had "the" talk with us. Femara will work by the 4th round or not expected to work....we're on the 4th. Said to have HPT or wait for AF by 2 weeks from Monday (4th of July??). If AF does show, said we need to sit down & talk about what we need to do next. Said it could be a problem with the egg (poor quality); the sperm fertilizing the egg; or a tubal factor. WTF? another possible problem? OK. I can handle it, just tell me what it is, none of this "unexplained" infertility that I'm dealing with now. But doc, I thought, we had two pregnancies last year....yeah whatever, things change. Told doc we needed to hurry up and get pg cause I was turning a year older this year. He said, that's the thing, everyone has a birthday every year...yeah so I thought, not everyone is trying to get pg, with eggs that are wilting away with each passing day either. AND I'm entering the NEXT subset of testing data, currently in the test phase of women 35-37; whose IVF results are significantly different than those of women 38-40.... Oh well, maybe doc thinks we'll get pg this cycle and we won't have to worry about the "next" birthday. YES, I'll keep that in mind.

Still LLQ pain this morning, ovulating??? maybe. Hoping that I have "2" ovulation cycles. For now, need coffee. Eloy is upstairs working out (went up at 6am!) he's so committed. What I need to do is get my a** up there and work off some of this 6 pounds I've earned in the last 2 weeks!

Took some furbaby family pics yesterday...post then later. My bunch is too cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home