Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mind, Body & Soul

Got up to the gym this morning, unplanned and spontaneous. Only did a mile on the treadmill but its definitely a start. 80 cals 25 fat. Plan on moving up to my usual 2 miles, 300+ calories and 100 fat. DH was surprised to see me up there. He exercises Mon through Fri will very few exceptions. He's got a clad-iron will and determination that I admire.

Exercise & Nutrition. Moved back up the scale up to 134, the gym was exactly what I needed this morning. Last night I woke up about midnight and had a stomachache, probably from the food I had yesterday and Sunday. (Taqueria Mexico & Niko Niko's Greek) Although yummy, it was definitely heavier food than I need to be eating. Probably will go for a subway today. So far, this morning I've had coffee (3/4 cup with about 1/8 of coffeemate) Will have my usual OJ and probably will go ahead and make some egg(beater)s to enjoy before going off to work. Today, getting ready for the deposition set for Thursday morning. Boring. Business is steady considering the law changes that we'll see enacted by September. Hoping the changes will spur clients to seek legal assistance earlier in their claims!

Tonight, start Femara...

Sunday I woke up and just dug my heels in to start getting the 2 years worth of filing done....it was a great start. Started by separating everything, then actually filed most of it. I have a lot of miscellaneous stuff that I need to create files for. Looking at everything, I noticed that I was able to close out a lot of credit cards/not using them anymore. No more Macy's, Pier 1, Target, Casual Corner, Foley's, Wells Fargo, Old Navy, Express.....shall I go on? But I do still have a select few with high balances that I need to whittle down.

Off to shower. In addition to getting my body in shape, I've decided to limit my time on the p.c. to get my mind off of TTC so much. Yesterday I felt such a relief to get IVF off my back, it was almost toxic. I wish I could just forget about TTC altogether, let nature happen, but I know that doing that will almost ensure a childless marriage. So, I'll be doing what it takes to make our dreams come true, but mitigating the ill effects by consciously prying myself from the very source of my obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home