Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Babies are us...

Since yesterday...it now seems that babies are becoming "us" We got our furniture delivered and well, let's just say the feeling is a bit weird...I mean BABY stuff in our DINK home...

Et voilá

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

We've since moved the bookshelf & armoire over to the other side of the room. But the cribs are in, and as Hubby says, all we need now are the Noisemakers! :)

Obviously, we still need a LOT of things to complete the nursery. This weekend plans are to look at th ceiling fan, drapes and more fluffies (extras) I need lamps too. The baby shower will give us plenty of baby items and so afterwards, I'll be sifting through my LIST of things I still don't have, then will do a quick run shopping spree to fill in the gaps.

Did the Food labels for the shower too! Way too cute! Bought the Noah's Ark place cards for the yellow /blue coloring, but we're not doing the Noahs' Ark theme. No theme really, except that little ducks keep finding their way into the decorations :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Officially my last day of work was today although I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be there next week a couple of days. OB appt. for today was moved to Monday, so my glucose tolerance test is at 10am and my OB appt. at 11am...

Tomorrow, another meeting of the Shower crew and then over to SUV shop (yes again) We got quotes for a new insurance (the savings is enormoous) and that will help us with economizing a bit more, and we're adding the other house to the Homeowner's and Flood insurance policies, so it may just "even out." Even then, we'll now have coverage on that home....which was scary b/c with Hurricane Rita we left Houston not knowing if we'd be flooded when we got home....Anyway I digress......

Had our "Candelaria" today at the office a day late...I made Spinach Dip and bought all the fixin's for Bagel sandwiches for both breakfast & lunch--bagels, cream cheeses, hams, turkey, OJ, milk, chips, Wheat thins, Dr. Pepper...what else? can't remember but I do know it was DELICIOUS!

Off to dinner, and by that I mean to feed the furballs we call our Pets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home