Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year & 23 weeks

What a combo! A new year is here...and this would be the year that I become a Mother...

I started the New Year fighting a cold and I think I may be just now beginning to beat it....finally! Our new years eve was uneventful. Stayed home and watched Four Brothers, Chris Rock on DVD and then the network TV's countdown *flipping channels!*

Babies are kicking away every day now...I don't know how much longer I can handle being up & about. Methinks der Bedrest will be prescribed before long now.

Babies this week:
Your baby is now about 8.4 inches from crown to rump (21cm) and weighs about 1.2 pounds (530g).
Your baby's face and body now look more like a full-term baby. She now looks close to how she will look at birth.
The eyes, though they are still closed, are now close together on the front of the face and the ears are in their final position. Eyelashes are fairly well-developed and hair is growing on your baby's head.
Your baby's movements are becoming more restricted now as she fills up the uterus more. Cartwheels and somersaults inside the amniotic sac are no longer possible, but she can still hold the umbilical cord and touch and feel around her. Though your baby is already living in tight quarters in the amniotic sac, she will soon have even less room to move around.
Her vital organs are now quite mature. However, since the lungs are not yet fully formed, your baby would have breathing problems if born prematurely at this stage.
Your baby is becoming increasingly conscious of the world outside and may feel startled when you are startled.
Your baby may alternate between having very active and very calm periods.
Your baby may have facial expressions such as frowning, squinting and pursing of the lips.
{fertility friend}

Me: I had hit 150lbs. earlier this week but with this cold I'm back down to 148....I'm sure once I beat it, my appetite will come back with a vengeance! Umm, this linea negra down the middle of my belly is getting darker by the day. No fun :(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Daddy is holding strong! He finally sees just how close we are to twin-dom! He's ready to buy his boys boots! And mentioned today that he wants to take the boys to the Galleria (Houston's fanciest schmancient shopping mall) because the boys will be "chick magnets" ---Lord, what HAVE I gotten myself into :)

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home