Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Monday, March 20, 2006

34 weeks

34 weeks preggers and the COUNTDOWN is on!

Thursday have an appointment for a "biophysical profile"which is an ultrasound to observe the babies' body movements, muscle tone (flexing of the arms and legs), breathing movements (the babies' ability to move their chest muscles), and the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding them. Then a non-stress test to assess whether the babies' heart rates change when they are moving etc....

Afterwards, I'll see my OB to see what the results are & when he thinks I'll be scheduled for delivery (some time between April 3rd and April 10th I hope!)

I've lost 7lbs. on the gestational diabetes diet, working on getting those pounds back now...I eat 6 times a day so don't know why the loss but I suspect it has something to do with NO PIZZA! Total net weight gain to date is 28lbs.

Still taking insulin twice a day and poking my fingers five times a day...I'm running out of good spots, anyone want to volunteer some digits?

Oh, we thought we had names picked out but looks like we're still pending one name... Ethan Matthew is in for Baby A, still need another name...any suggestions?

Got only some minor things done that I wanted to do this weekend. Got the changing pad, rear facing mirrors and a play-yard sheet...still need about a handful of other things.

Itching/Rash has gotten a wee bit better, and I'm hoping that weaning off of the prednisone doesn't bring it back. I'm sooooooooooooo afraid that it will come back. I've resolved to try to make it to 37 weeks but with the return of the RASH I'm afraid I'm crumble and want an immediate out. Only time will tell.

Boys at 34 weeks;
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is probably almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her central nervous system is still maturing and her lungs are well developed by now. If you've been nervous about going into preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that 99 percent of babies this age can survive outside the womb — and most have no major long-term problems related to prematurity. [Babycenter.com]

Me & my belly:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Daddy to be still nesting HARD.. He is too cute when in the middle of the night he says "I'm too excited to sleep" Adorable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home