Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, April 22, 2005

2ww

It's all over....now I have a 2 week wait that will be filled with many days of speculation, conjecture, hope and faith. DH & I began discussions last night on finishing the remodeling of the house and so, the next few weeks will be that....remodeling.

1st, the kitchen cabinets. History: Had cabinet refacing done June 2003; contractor ran wityh our money. $5k with partial job done. Still need crown molding, finishing touches of the new cabinet doors, including alignment and all kitchen hardware; glass put in the cabinets that were left without glass (I had already picked it out) I've been without since; replacement of missing drawer cover for under the bar; finalizing of the molding above kitchen sink & placement of wood moldings in front of the bar; Clean-up required; removal of stains left by contractor on my counter-tops & tile floor.

Next, new Granite counter-tops (waiting for cabinets to be finished) This will require removal of existing Laminate counter-tops & new granite tops with new backsplash all around the cabinet area, bar area and around stovetop. New sink(s)- main sink & bar sink; (previous job estimate (12k)

Finally, re-grouting of the kitchen tile & professional cleaning of the existing tile.

2nd project in the breakfast/kitchen;

1)Pick out lighting fixture for the breakfast & over the island in kitchen;
2)Decision for wall-paper or paint breakfast
3)Drapery for breakfast & sink windows
4)New breakfast table & accessories for area

3rd project (DH's project)
Finalizing re-wiring of garage & new light areas
Re-paint garage
New flooring for garage (non-slip flooring)
New light fixtures for stairwell leading to upstairs gym (over garage)

Pending projects
A)Removal of carpet in master & study with reconditioning of wood flooring
B)New area rugs for master & study
C)Removal of carpet for DSD room & nursery with new installation of berber
D)BIGGEST PROJECT: Master bath: Complete tear out of existing bath, sell old jacuzzi tub, complete make-over to include: Shower with sitting area, jacuzzi tub, toilet & sink and tile/marble/granite. (last estimate $9K)
E)Bath in hall: need complete overhaul, less bells n whistles than masterbath
F)Complete decoration of den including sitting area by fireplace
G)Baby grand piano -formal living
H)Furniture -formal living (yes it's empty)
I)Drapes for formal living & formal dining
J)Foyer, mirror & table
K)Complete re-grout of marble in foyer
L)Repaint exterior of 2nd floor/gym (chipping paint)
M)Repair of broken sprinklers
N)Removal of two magnolia trees, transplant to backyard & new palms in their place
O) New house ! (it would be cheaper :) but I can't convince DH)
P) New patio furniture *DH gave old set to IL's*

I remember why I've felt so overwhelmed. I feel that this house has been pending since we've moved in. To think that all these projects are pending and we've done ALOT so far....I could list them but the list of completed projects is just as long!) I have no idea why I've been so patient. MIL asks all the time, have you finished the cabinets? NO. Have you gotten drapes? NO. yada yada yada. I've been concentrating on TTC for the last year and the year before that was filled with CHILD SUPPORT LAWSUIT for DSD. ($1,600 a month until May 2009, yes you read right, $1,600 for one child) So the increase in support was retroactive to June 2003 ($13k) & we finalized the case in June 2004. (we had to pay her atty $20k) That $20k was DSD's car/college fund, depleted. The only one who will suffer is DSD, but her wicked witch didn't care. Anyway, we also pay the mortgage & taxes on IL's home(will be ours when they pass on) So, I haven't had TIME to think about house projects! Now, we can settle in to doing these things since everything has stabilized.....just monthly payments now. We completed our lease in San Antonio as of this month. no more lease payments! AHHHHH! thinking about all this in one sitting has me needing more coffee.....

Post more later since I'm on overload....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home