Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Diet & exercise

Well I haven't gotten back upstairs yet to my treadmill but I have been watching what I eat. For breakfast today I had my usual, 1/2 cup coffee followed by 12 oz. of OJ. I hardly ever have real breakfast foods, although I plan on having oatmeal Mon-Fri as much as I can and for as long as I can muster. Weekends, I enjoy when hubby makes me his "perfect" omelette or of course, pancakes at the local pancake house!
Yesterday for din-din, I made grilled chicken breast with corn & green beans then got the urge for carbs, so I made a small batch of spaghetti. I ended up not touching anything but the spaghetti...... Unlike the hubby, I can only stand chicken so much, and I had had Tuscan roasted chicken with cream spinach & new potatoes @ Boston Market for lunch so spaghetti hit the spot. I may have gone over on calories for Saturday but at least they were "good" calories and not the sweet stuff I usually throw down on a Saturday night.

I have definitely lowered my intake of sweets & caffeine. No more dipping into the large load of sweets & junk food sitting there staring at me all day; Let's see marshamallows, a big tin of caramel popcorn, Honeymaid cinnamon sticks, salt & vinegar chips, chex mix, cupcakes with frosting, caramel for my apples, flaming cheetos, 3 tubs of ice cream (reduced to two tubs, I took one to work), powdered donuts, bag of bit o' honeys, hot fries, yogurt covered raisins, banana chips----most of these things I bought last weekend to snack on while fishing. All of these things are going to work with me tomorrow, the girls always enjoy when I do that....Always enjoy picking through the goods like kids under a broken pinata.

What I expected the least was to have Doc G prescribe "healthy eating" to me whilst going through IVF. I don't mean a casual "eat healthy & exercise" comment, but a whole hearted instruction to do so and a referral to a lifestyle planning program to help me along! I haven't actually called yet either, digesting someone telling me how to eat will be harder than digesting the healthy foods that I'll be "enjoying" in my immediate future. Actually, we aren't big junk food eaters, I'm more into ice cream than anything....but boy does that food just wrap its big huge arms around me to comfort me when I've just been handed a bfn or when I feel generally like crap....
======================================================
Today (Sunday 07/11/05) I had mexican food, SURPRISE! We took IL's to Gringo's instead of brunch...By the time we all got together, in the car, it was all out lunch time~ At lunch, I debated awhile about whether I should order soup & salad or order a real meal. Hubby said as long as I eat early and quasi-healthy food, ordering to make me happy should be ok. So I indulged a bit, not too too much. I really haven't been in the mood for meat lately....tired of chicken, had that yesterday for lunch @ Boston Market. Tired of steak & bbq, have had that for weeks now, ribs last weekend....so today I ordered a meatless dish. Chalupa, 2 cheese enchiladas, rice & beans. I held back on too many chips & salsa, mmmm my favorite. And I topped it off with a simple ice cream cone that Gringo's offer their patrons free of charge.....Not too too bad for the restaurant where I love going to indulge in all I can eat chips, salsa & nachos~! We followed lunch with a quick trip to Sears. Exchanged my MIL's tee's and got her some new clothes & 2 pair of shoes. Nothing interested me so I bowed out of a spree that I would regret.

Tonight, had an apple! And that was just to get my stomach to settle. I wasn't craving anything else and an apple always seems to do the trick.

I feel my pooch going down from the few inches gained from overeating the last few weeks. Today, I weighed in at 133....

Now for the record, I started my weight chart in January, and before I say how much I weighed then, I'll admit that I have NOT been really really trying....I started January 1st, 2005 at 134. So, for the record, I have neither gained nor lost much weight. I can't say so much for 2004. I can't remember my starting weight but I do remember being about 127 when I got pregnant with baby G in July/August 2004. By the time Dec 31st rolled around, I had two miscarriages under my belt to go along with the extra 8 lbs....Oh, and Thanksgiving and Christmas didn't help the waist line much either.

So, to end this much ado about nothing, I've decided that this week, I'll start with some yoga...(I failed to mention that I did pick up a nice Nike outfit, very sporty & way too cute to workout in. Got that Saturday) Yoga pants and wife-beater tees do the trick. Also mentioned to hubby that I would start back up on my treadmill, doing no less than 2 miles each time I do. I think it's a good start. With my IVF consult on Tuesday, my mind frame has GOT to cooperate. Seriously though, I do accept this new paradigm I've been handed, seems there's not much I could about it even if I wanted to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home