Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord! I received the call I've been waiting on for sooo long! Yesterday, as the day was getting progressively longer, bam! she called me at work! (thank God I was there) I'm usually in and out! So the ball has been set in motion!

Stay on bcp until Saturday July 23rd take my last active pill then stop.
Stay on calcium, prenatals and metformin
Start baby aspirin (81g) a day beginning July 23rd
First Appt. is July 28th @ 8:30a.m. for bloodwork & ultrasound
Will receive injections training and then start injections
Will have appt.'s every other day 08/01/05; 08/03/05 etc until~~
Egg retrieval on 08/08/05!
Tentative Egg transfer date is approx. 5 days later so possibly 08/13/05!

TG, my IVF coordinator, said that I could continue exercise on the treadmill but NO running. Said I need to add yoga, so yoga it is. Every other day! This morning is treadmill so tonight possibly 30 minutes of yoga or if too tired, tomorrow night. I'll be exercising every other day, that seems to work best for me.

So, voila! that's it! In a nutshell.....The doc does require the Lifestyle program so I made my first appt. for this coming Friday morning at 8:30a.m. (1 hr. interview) Will need to take all of my labs from the doc (all my fertility work up labs) with me on that day, measure my waist at the navel and hips at their widest. The program is a 3 appointment protocol, first being the interview on Friday. It covers 4 areas, nutrition, stress management, physicial activity and finding causes of underlying inflammation. (?) don't know what that is but I'm sure I'll find out. Appt. two is apparently the LONG Session and will cover everything I need to know from A-Z then I'll be monitored with phone calls etc for 8 weeks then the third step is the final assessment to see if I'll need to continue follow up visits for up to a year. $350.00 initial fee. He's going to email me all of the paperwork and I'm supposed to download it and fill out etc. I still haven't gotten my email so I'm waiting on that.

Then at 2pm on Friday (tomorrow) we have the Appt. with the Genetic counselor to go over PGD etc. and to sign the consent forms etc.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It all hit me yesterday....and then I had my first "worry" I thought to myself, this is going too fast (????????-I know after all this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I mean, I hope it works for us on the 1st round, really, really hope it works for us, not just the usual "please please please Lord" this time it's almost the end of my rope please....more like PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! (on both knees!)

Today my plans are to call the doc and ask if they can prep a copy of my labs and fax (if possible) if not, a quick trip over to pick those dox up. Drop by and drop off & pick up my dry cleaning and over to get my Lancome compact (*and one for Antoinette) since I'm running out. Last night did some quick errands, ran over to Sam's and Randall's for milk and a few necessities. Today, need to pick up my refill Rx for my glucophage. Speaking of which, apparently, the glucophage I'm taking is to regulate my sugars since my body doesn't do it on its own. TG said this needs to be addressed in my Lifestyle Planning program since I'm not diabetic. She said if I don't take care of this, I run the risk of gestational diabetes, or late life diabetes. (eyes buggin'!) And all this time I thought they gave me glucophage to "sweeten" my body in preparation for pregnancy (wink!) Honestly, I had no idea why I was taking it, just knew it was supposed to help in my quest.

Yesterday, had another lunch date at Luby's same meal as day before except without the sweet tea. It was great again! Roast beef, mashed potatas (no gravy) and fresh green beans.

It was a terribly busy day, with the fax line and internet down. Long story but I ended up disconnecting the phone lines and everyone who was on a call, including Hubby on a conference call with TWCC and opposing counsel ! (eyes buggin' AGAIN!)

I was able to make another run to the courthouse, get my 15 day extension on discovery in a case and finish the appeal that I had set my deadline for yesterday. Although it's not due til next week, I'm trying to stay ahead of the game for when I'm out for IVF treatment.

eyes buggin'! Got our light bill yesterday! $660 bucks! and that's not counting the month before at $600. How can 2 pipsqueeks like us use so much friggin' electricity? I don't know. But with IVF looming, we don't need bills like this. And to add fuel to the fire, the quote on my black car was $1600! I promptly called Allstate and filed my claim for water damage. Apparently, the deductible is only $500 (much better) and the adjuster will be going out sometime in the next few days to take a look at the car (oh, except that Star Motors has already started repairs) so they'll probably find a car with no carpet in it so not in the same shape as I dropped it off. Meanwhile, the rental car agency gave me a Mustang convertible which they could have washed before renting out again. Yesterday before getting in, I took my baby wipes and wiped everything down. It needs a vacuuming but hey, I'll hopefully not need to go that far. If I have to keep it for the weekend I'll probably go ahead and vacuum it.

So, enough thoughts have been emptied here for today. Time to get ready for my date with my treadmill. !

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Monkey said...

Everything is fitting so nicely into place! I want this for you so bad!! I hope all goes smoothly. Soon, you will have your baby, and what a GREAT mommy you will be!

I'll say it with you,

PRAISE THE LORD!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home