Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, March 24, 2006

Update on the boys

Well I had the biophysical profile and the boys are doing well. Baby A is weighing in at approx. 5lbs.8oz. and Baby B is weighing in at approx. 5lbs.1oz....

Doc expects me to go all the way to 37 weeks...so its 4/10/06 for us, no earlier.

Bad news is Baby B is transverse with his back to me, so unless he moves into a better position, its automatic c-section for me...we still have 2 1/2 weeks to go so we'll see.

I'm weaning off of Insulin and should be done by Sunday.

On the flip side, I'm off of prednisone and I can feel it already. OB did say we could re-steroid me if PUPPPs comes back. As of right now, I feel that it never really went away and now I have new spots coming back already. I think I may call the Dermatologist in the morning and see if he will re-fill my Rx or whether he wants to see me again...I hope he'll just re-fill me for another 20 days or so...to get me through delivery day and then some.

I could go all the way to 40 weeks without the rash, with it, I say take them NOW....selfish as it may sound. PUPPPS has me running scared, nothing worse than an itch you can't scratch...well you can scratch it but nothing happens other than I draw blood...my blood pressure goes up just thinking about it.

I didn't really get any good pics of the boys other than 2 profile looks at Baby A (Marcus) Here's one of them.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I got a CD but haven't looked at it. Was completely pooped when I got home last night. Was out of the house from about 9:30am til 6pm. I haven't done that since before bedrest began....

Insomnia due to itching and embarrasingly enough g-a-s....

Next appt. with OB is next Thursday. Also have a Non-stress test scheduled and a Group B strep test...

For now, I'm off to surf the blue blue wonder of the internet as I try to wear myself down back to bed...this journey is almost at its end and not too soon either.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home