Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

That's what friends are for...

Yesterday I had the most amazing transformation of mind/thoughts I could have ever thought I'd ever have.

Having had a terrible weekend in the wandering mind department, I received an email from a FFriend to see how my IVF-Blast transfer had gone. I immediately closed the email and thought to myself, I can't answer, too afraid to put into writing all of these thoughts and emotions that I'm sure will overflow. I gathered my thoughts, and suppressed them, sat on them, suffocating them until they were motionless.

I had been wanting to call my nurse to see about the grade of my baby-blasts from Saturday. I took my phone and walked to my office and dialed, voicemail. I paced around and dialed again, voicemail. I went back to the front offices and sat at my "temporary" desk. This is the same temporary desk I've been sitting at for about a year since last August 2004. For some reason, I get more work done at that desk than in my office. I returned to my email and mustered up the strength to email her back.

I tried to sound excited but of course the first thing I typed was how I just knew that there was something wrong with my baby-blasts since the doc had transferred 3. I continued, trying to sound positive but before I knew it I was whining about how I was stressing in places where I didn't even know I had places. I ended the tortuous email by asking how she was doing with her pregnancy (she's an IVF-PGD success and my greatest inspiration!) I pressed send and took back to the task at hand, work.

Before long I received an email back! STOP STRESSING she said! She explained her exact situation, same thing only different. Abundance of eggs, blasts, PGD with only 4 normal ones, just like us. She added some humor to the mix and before I knew it I had a smile on my face. Hope had arrived in a matter of minutes. I emailed her back again, huge thank you's from all the places where I had said I didn't know I had places. All the tension of the last 48 hours had dissipated, no more pain.

I spent the rest of the day taking care that I didn't do any bending or squatting at work or at home while feeding the troop, petting the cat, cleaning etc. The glimmers of sunshine that had broken through my fog filled mind contented me for the rest of my day and evening. Last night was the first night since last Thursday that I didn't use the massager to whittle down the mountain of nerves bundled up in my neck and shoulders. I spent the evening rejoicing in my home, my husband and in my future children....

We are pregnant. We are pregnant, until proven otherwise! Eloy and I have even allowed our minds to wander into the hectic future life of ours filled with babies, diapers, sleepless nights and onward.

All of this and thanks to a wonderful friend with a special spirit who never fails to lift my spirits when I need it most. THAT'S what friends are for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home