Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm all set~

Well, this is it. I'm all set for egg retrieval on Monday @ 8am. Today's scan showed pretty much the same 12+ follies. On the right, 3 @ 15mm 3 @ 16mm. On the left, 1 @ 20mm 1 @ 18mm 3 @17mm and 1 @ 15mm. My lining is super thick @ 13mm (sorry, tmi!)

Paid the $7k today. The rest next week, once pgd embryo biopsy is done.

My schedule
Friday (tonight)
Fax consent form to Baylor College of Medicine for PGD (and payment $2500)
Call @ 4pm for instruction on whether to continue with same dosage of Gonal-F.
Routine 300iu Gonal-F but no microdose ovidrel (unless modified by Dr.'s instructions)
Saturday
No Gonal-F, no microdose.
Ovidrel (new, full dose) @ 8pm-sharp!
Begin antibiotics (doxycycline) one capulse daily for me through day of transfer; one capsule a day for myHubby through day of retreival
Sunday
No intercourse (ahem) Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
Monday
Report to IVF lab @ 7:30am, I'm not to wear perfume.
Bring consent forms with me (got 'em-all three!)
8am--Will have IV in me, intravenous margarita to help me relax
Hubby will do his part in the IVF lab
Egg retrieval (buying the basket this weekend :) )
Begin progesterone (prometrium vaginally 2x day for 4 days then 3x day)
Continue prenatals, calcium and baby aspirin
Continue antibiotics through day of embryo transfer
Tuesday
Call after 11am for fertilization report
Thursday
Embryo biopsy for PGD
Friday
Start Medrol (methylprednisonlone) 1 talbet 4 x day for 4 days
Saturday
Embryo tranfer (with full bladder, ouchy!)
Abdominal ultrasound will be used to place catheter and release my baby blasts back into me!
Start Vivelle Dot patches (estradiol release) 2 patches a day, change every 3 days
Two weeks from Embryo transfer
Post-op visit (i.e., pregnancy test???) YES!

So, I've gotten my marching orders. I'm excited, the only thing in the way is this pending trial which the Judge is forcing us to go forward with, no more continuances. It starts Aug 22nd or so. We're #4 so we probably won't go that day, maybe later on in the week.

That's it, that's all for now. Tonight, catch up on some sleep, tomorrow fishing (after trigger) and Sunday is sit and wait (lots of yoga and meditation)

I'm feeling better at the cetrotide injection site. Otherwise, Gonal-F didn't phase me one bit! Can't wait to hear the results of my hormone tests taken today!

Will report later,

Mommy loves you already......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home