Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Denise & I

I finally got to meet/see/hold Denise! She was sooo tiny in person compared to the pics I've been seeing. I was expecting a baby, instead she felt more like a preemie!

My pics!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Next day!
On the IVf front, more b/w and a shot yesterday. (Wed) I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion. E2 level is at 1739, progesterone at .9 and LH at 3. Got a shot of Cetrotide right in the tummy, and this morning its sore. Skipped ovidrel again last night. I asked the nurse about it, she said I'm responding "too well" to the meds. Which I guess in the big picture, is a good thing and the doc adjusts the meds accordingly. I had over 12+ follies growing. The doc measures the biggest 6 on each side. My left caught up to and surpassed the right ovary. Sizes ranged from 10mm to 14mm. There were many more he could've counted. My lining is nice & thick at 10.5mm Everything is progressing nicely, no real s/e, somewhat of a "mood" yesterday, more like I was tired of being poked with the dildo-cam, blood taken, shots & injections and most importantly, having to look at my abdomen riddled with little poke marks. The cetrotide left me bloaty and sore this morning. Doc said I could continue aerobic activity, (treadmill/yoga) but not let my heart-rate get up 120 for too long. Oddly enough, today my HR was nice and even at 118 bpm. My average today was 110bpm. I did 465 calories for 114 minutes total, of which 104 minutes in my "zone." Perfect.

Well tomorrow I have to pay for all of this, $8500 to the doc for IVF & PGD. ($7000 for IVF and $1500 for the doc's part of the PGD, i.e. biopsy of my little embies to send to Baylor) Another $2500 next Wednesday will go to Baylor for the work they're gonna do with PGD-i.e, testing and results. Good thing is that the meds have been covered so far. All in all out of pocket for ancillary things has been about $900 as of today (8/4/05) --copays, supplements, health-related, the Heart rate monitor ($100) and the nutritionists fees ($385)

Now, heading to the showers. It's trial prep time for Pre-trial conference Hubby has tomorrow. Unfortunately, he'll have to go it alone since I'll be in for my last follow up and hopefully, instructions on preparations for Monday's Egg retrieval.

cc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home