Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

IVF underway

So my IVF is underway, having met with the doc on Thursday and getting the all clear. I had my u/s which showed a thin lining and the ovaries nice and quiet. Had blood drawn, to test levels of estradiol and progesterone. E2 was 66 and progesterone was at .5 --all ok I suppose since I got the call to go ahead and begin injections.

The injections themselves were'nt too bad. The one that stings is the Ovidrel, since it's refrigerated, it was very cold and boy, it stung like a motha! I was very happy to find out that the meds themselves are covered by Ins. Out of the expected $2,100.00 I thought I'd have to pay, I ended up paying $90.00 --copay. Not a bad deal. Considering that the meds I was prescribed are only enough to get me through til Monday.

I have 3 follow up appt.'s this coming week, Mondaty @ 9:10am., Wed @ 8:30am and Fri @ 8am. If all goes as expected, I will be undergoing Egg retrieval on Monday Aug 8th. Of course, murphy is along for the ride, as murphy's law is kicking our a$$ that Monday, with Hubby having two court hearings, meaning that he'll be able to go with me around 7am but have to leave no later than 8am to get to court on time. I s'pose long enough to do his job. ;)

Nutritionist appt. went well too on Thursday. I was able to get my meal plans, talk about some concerns, etc. I did start my meal plans as of Friday, and I've been working out the kinks ever since. It took me two days to get all of the supplements he wants me to take, to wit:

Omega 3 pharmaceutical grade OmegaRx 5gm/day
Calcium and magnesium & vitamin D support 12oomg C/400-600mg M/100iu D
Extra virgin cold first pressed olive oil 30ml/day (2 tablespoonfuls)
B-complex-75 1 capsule 3x/day
Vitamin C 1/2 capsule twice daily
Prenatal vitamins and mineral formulation 1 tablet/day
GrapeSeed-100 1 capsule 3x/day
Cinnamon ground 1 teaspoonful daily
Betaine (trimethylgylcine) 500mgs 3x/day
VSL #3 2 packets daily for 3
weeks then reduce to 1 packet daily
purified water 67 ounces daily

In addition to the supplements, I have put my new heart-rate monitor to use. I am to exercise 6 out of the 7 days of the week. Even He rested on the 7th day! ;) I'm supposed to keep my target rate in the "zone" for at least 60 to 90 minutes per day. So far, I've increased my usual exercise time from 35-40 minutes up to an hour. It's a start! I also have to add weight bearing exercise 20 minutes per day 3x a week. I'm to eat within an hour of waking and eat a small amount just prior to working out and eat again afterwards, within 60 minutes after my workout, but no earlier than 30 minutes afterward. Also, in order to maintain steady blood glucose and insulin levels throughout the day, I am to eat no later than 5 hours apart, with each meal consisting of protein, carbs and fat. Not one meal is to excluse any of those three.

Of course, last but not least, stress reduction! I've grown to enjoy my meditation sessions, so soothing and relaxing. I've added yoga by candlelight, which so far has been enjoyable, the mmmm I could sleep for hours feeling afterwards is addicting! I savor my meditation sessions, the breathing and circling my head is very relaxing, putting me in a nice relaxed state for a nice while....speaking of which, it's that time. Bedtime I meditate for at least 5 minutes. then out like a light, the best drug formulary I've ever had in my life= nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, ahh the power of nature!

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home