Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wish upon a star

All went smoothly yesterday. Got up at 5:30am. Showered and dressed by 7:15am; I was about 10 minutes late, which resulted in a bit of scurrying around. Got undressed/dressed for ER, was in position by 8am sharp. Hubby changed into scrubs, head and feet covered in surgical gear, and a mask. The IV didn't hurt much. Once the doc got in (about 8:20am) they started the margarita machine on me, and I was out like a light. I woke up during the procedure, grimaced and started saying "ow ow ow ow ow" so they gave me another shot for pain. Doc recovered 22 eggs, some of which they anticipate will not be mature. Total time in was about 40 minutes.
Apparently, the doc had to empty my bladder via catheter (ew) . When hubby told me I was sooo embarrased. But they were prepared for it, so my guess is that they do it all the time.
Recovery went well, they woke me slowly and I was up and out of there by about 9:45am.

Home and in bed ALL day, except for trips to the bathroom. I had no nausea, just pain/soreness. I did cry at one point until I got the Tylenol working and the heating pad on me. I could only sleep on my back or on my stomach. Sleeping on my side was out of the question.

Took our keepsake Wish box/with baby footprint charm with us. I said a little prayer/wish and we went in for "surgery"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can't really see the baby footprint on the charm.

Today, I anticipate the fertilization report will be available after 11am. Will post when I can on that. Praying for many many healthy little embies....Thursday is PGD. Today will be faxing over the consent forms for that, forgot to do that on Friday.

Today, continue antibiotics, prometrium and prenatals, calcium, etc.

Off to the treadmill, walking only today, no more than 3mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home