Haute Mom to Twin boys!

no more blues~11/14/06 BLUE 04/17/06

My Photo
Name:
Location: H Town, Texas, United States

38 y/o married to my best friend since 9/12/1998; We met in 1992. Married in 1998; I'm a '91 graduate of the Univ. of Houston. Working on Masters degree in French Literature when I met the love of my life! He was in law school. I left my job in 1996 to work w/him when he opened his Law firm. Married in 1998. Working on our "family" diligently & actively since June 2004; 2 miscarriages, one Sept 2004 and another Dec 2004; Break from TTC per doctor's orders in Jan 2005; resumed family planning once all genetic testing was completed. March 2005 BFN; April 2005 BFN! May 2005 BFN! June 2005? Doc had "the" talk with us, if no bfp this cycle, it's on to IVF --test tube baby for us? maybe! Update: July 2005 underwent 1st IVF cycle, with SUCCESS! We conceived two beautiful little boys, born March 30, 2006 via emergency c-section. I am now wallowing in the joys of early motherhood. That is, lack of sleep, fatigue. My compensation? Smiles from the babies in the middle of the night... 11/14/2006: Babies are now 7 1/2 months old and I couldn't be more happy!

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Energy & to do lists!

I've got tons of energy today! I got up early like yesterday and have been washing clothes, scrubbing the tub and plan on scrubbing the kitchen tile and polishing the hardwoods in the den and hall. It's a lot of work but it desperately needs to be done; Irma does great work but there's just some stuff that I have to do on my own, like the oven *uh! I HAVE to do it again so soon* I can't remember what I baked but it dripped all over my oven and just totally blackened it in one day. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

This morning we watched Sideways (again) on DVD> I have to admit its more droll and melancholic than I remember. Giamatti is a hoot but plays a wonderful depressed character. Sad actually.

Anyway, that done, had left over Pizza for breakfast, and OJ. Brought in my palm that I had left outside and it started to dry out, looks NOTHING like the one in the den. I need to give it some serious TLC. Which reminds me that I have lots of TLC to give the rest of the house too. Plans for my Spring Cleaning:

1) Clean out Victoria's room & get ready for DH to move furniture to the next bedroom to be the "Guest" bedroom from now on;
2) File all our house bills and get all warranties/instruction booklets filed away;
3) Clean out the linen closet and put up all the sheets, throws & bedspreads;
3a) Buy Eurovac to store all the bedspreads in vacuum sealed pouches
4) Buy piece of cloth to get Bedspread repaired * the one Sasha dug into! *;
5) Clean out the cedar closet;
6) Gather all my crafts and organize them by Holiday/Season;
7) Clean out my closet and stack the old stuff for garage sale;
8) Call COIT to come clean and re-do the grout in the kitchen/utility room;
9) Make arrangements for new carpet in master, nursery & guest bedroom;
10) Carpet out of the study and re-do the hardwoods
1) Sell Trooper
12) Garage Sale plans and carry out

And if that's not enough, here's a list of Furniture/Fixtures I need
1) Light fixture for breakfast
2) New breakfast table
3) Formal living furniture
4) New countertops in the kitchen
5) Wallpaper or painting in the breakfast
6) New curtains for utility bathroom
7) Move TV stand from Den to study & buy new TV stand for den
8) Ottoman/Coffee table for Den
9) Finish furniture selections for den
10) Small baby grand for formal living
11) Select & buy patio furniture
12) Paint garage
13) Filing cabinet/credenza for study
14) Nursery (later, once pregnant, begin furniture selections etc)

And just what the heck am I doing online when I have all of this to do? No $$ to do it with, well except the first list, doesn't need much $$; And alot of that $$ will come from the garage sale, so I need to get booking.

First, I'll start off with the easy stuff, don't know how I plan on getting all of this stuff done but it needs to be done and I will do it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Muttpuppy said...

hey CC...hope your weekend was fun and relaxing and wait to start off a new cycle with a positive attitude...

Sunday, April 10, 2005 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Muttpuppy said...

and also, just to let you know...your list of things to do helped me make MY list of things to do...Thanks a ton..

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home